Monday, August 19, 2013

Thoughts on the first day of school 2013

Today was the first day of school for all my kiddos. Some of them started last week, but today was the first day that all of them were gone and out the door. My youngest started kindergarten today. So in many ways it is the first time all of them have been out the door without one of their parents or older siblings.

Yet I am not home alone. While all MY kids are out the door, I have a grandkid that lives here. And I get to baby sit.

And that just makes me tired. I've raised all my kids, yet the process goes on. Don't get me wrong, I love my granddaughter very much, but at this time in my life I just feel old. Really really stinking old.

Actually, to clarify, her mom is home today too, so I have a chance to relax and do some of the things I want, like blog and watch all those grown-up shows on Netflix.

The pain isn't so bad today. My headache is kind of throbbing a bit, but not screaming yet.

Speaking of which, we're working with a new doctor for me. I think I mentioned that a while back, but we're onto a new treatment plan.

There are 3 things we're trying, botox, which is supposed to relax the nerves that spawn headaches, medical manipulation - which is like chiropractic treatments, but also like massage and kind of nothing like either, and a herbal thing my neurologist recommended called "butterbur", that's supposed to open up the bloodflow.

None of which has really begun yet so I'm still just kind of spinning here.

Anna is back to school too. She's finishing up her apprenticeship or residency or whatever they call it for teachers. It's hard, financially, but we just need to get to the other side of this and move forward.  It will be a good future if we just deal with it now.

What other news can I share? Well, Da Bunny (granddaughter) will be one in a couple weeks. That's exciting. Derek is off at college, a junior. It's his first time being away from home for more than a night or so. I hope he's behaving.  And... well, I don't know what else.

Here's a picture of a tiny bunny.