Tuesday, June 07, 2011

And now it's June...

Hi everyone. I haven't been a good blogger, and I'm sorry. The truth is... well, I really don't have an excuse other than it's just the joy of being me that sometimes it's difficult to get things done. Even something as simple as typing a few paragraphs for friends and family.

So what news? School is out for the summer. It's only been a couple of weeks and already I'm ready to lose my mind. It's hard living here because even on nice days, when it's not too hot, the yard is just sand and rock. There's cactus instead of dandelions and desert scrub instead of trees. There's no playgrounds near by and without a driver, I can't take the kids anywhere. So we're here in the house where all the books have been read and all they want to do is plug themselves into the TV or the computer and waste their summer in front of a screen. And I can't blame them, there's not much else to do.

This week, three of the kids are at camp. We're a little frustrated with how that whole thing went down, but they are there. Not sure how we're going to get them home... but that's another story. Camp is great for them, I wish it was an all summer thing.

What's going on with me? Well, pretty much nothing. Things are up in the air waiting to get an appointment with the neurologist. The one I was seeing left town, and the new one doesn't return my calls, so I have to keep trying. It's frustrating, but short of driving to Albuquerque (3 hours from here), I don't have any options. (Yes, there's doctors in Durango, but even though that's closer than Albuquerque it's another state and Medicare won't let me do that. Stupid? Yes, but it is what it is.)

What more to say? Well, gee, there's one really big piece of news that I kind of figured most of you know, but in case you haven't... We're grandparents now. Micah Nathan was born May 11th. I never thought I'd live long enough to be a grandfather, but I am. Don't know how that makes me feel, but it is what it is.

I will eventually get around to posting pictures and video. Really, I will. I promise. When? Uh.... soon. Yes, that's it, soon.