Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July news and such.

Om nom nom.

So, here it is, July already. I've been really poor at blogging. I say that every month, and I know I need to share more, but I know you understand.

For the most part, no news is good news. We haven't had any catastrophes (knock on wood) and there haven't been any major changes in my health. Anna's busy with school and tutoring. So pretty much smooth sailing lately.

This jeep is COOL!
My health does continue to be an issue, but while it continues it's slow, downhill, movement, there haven't been any major "leaps" in "badness". So I guess that is good, right?

School is coming up really fast. The kids go back on the 15th of August. That seems really early to me. Especially in this part of the country where summers are so brutal. But I guess they have good air conditioning. I remember when I was in school, the only room in the whole building that had AC was the principal's office.


July 4.

We've already done a lot of back to school shopping. I think the kids are set as far as clothes. We stocked up on a lot of the pencils and paper and all that kind of stuff they will need. We got their supply lists from the website and it looks like we're pretty much good to go. I can't believe all the stuff they have to get these days. It's like each kid has to fully stock the classroom. And they're not allowed to label anything so it's not like this is "Mr. A's" glue bottle. It belongs to the class. I don't like it, but I guess that's how things go.

The Lego robodog.
It eats and poops.
We are trying really really REALLY hard to plan a road trip next month before school starts. I haven't said anything to anyone because I didn't want to get their hopes up of seeing us and then we not be able to make it. We're pinching pennies, planning routes, figuring out if we can sleep in the van. Our main purpose for going is to see our grand baby. In case you hadn't heard, he was born in May, so he'll be three months old before we get there. I can't promise we will get to see everyone on this trip. We'll only be there a couple of days. That's how it has to work out this time around. The college summer session ends on the 5th and the kids go back on the 15th, so we need a day or two at the end for them to rest up, so that cuts it back to the 12th. Then two days driving on each side leaves us from the 7th to the 10th that we'll be there.
Sheep head.

Here's a few more picture just for fun. Enjoy.


Grouchy face after
the pretty hair
exploded.

Miss G and friends
doing a special at
church.

Self portrait during VBS.

Miss D with face paint,
just for fun.

Miss G, extreme closeup.
Posted by Picasa