Friday, March 16, 2012

It's March

Hi everyone! If you are one of those people finding my blog from searching for "head shaving" (though I have no idea why this blog shows up) greetings! This post has nothing to do with head shaving. This is just me rambling for a while to my friends and family, sharing news and stories of our busy life. Nothing else to see here, move along.

If you're still reading, HI! How are you? I know I don't talk much, but if you know me at all you know it has always been easier for the words to come out of my fingers than my mouth. That doesn't mean I don't care, I care very much, I'm just not good at the moving-the-mouth-to-say-the-words-thing. So if you are reading this, then you are loved. I'm glad you're here.

So what can I share? Spring break starts when the kids get of out school today. Everyone is on the same break this year so the whole crew will be home. We're probably going to loaf around for the weekend and start some major MAJOR spring cleaning next week. The main thing I want to do is the shed. There's a wasps nest in there, so we need to clean it out, seal it up, and make sure the stuff in there is protected from the elements. If bugs can get in, so can mice, lizards, birds, and spiders. (**shudder**)

And yes, spring is here. It's probably the best time to live in the desert. Warm but not hot, no bugs, the air is clean and calm... We just throw open the door and windows and breathe. It's really great for those of us without allergies. And thanks to Allegra, it's not so bad for those of us who do.

Winter has been rough. Boring, mostly.We haven't had a lot of weather, but is has been cold. Not painfully so, but just cold enough to keep everyone cooped up. I think we're all anxious to get outside and enjoy some sun and fresh air. And even though no one really wants to do a lot of work on their break, I think we'd all like to get all the winter dirt and and gloom out of the house.

There's something recharging about spring. Even though my allergies generally hammer me in the spring, the still, dry desert air and warm sun are life giving. Even a trip to walmart is a treat with the windows down and the radio turned up.

But I'm rambling. What news can I share? Honestly, I've been too dizzy to notice. Everyone just kind of comes and goes and I sit and watch them go by. I don't worry much about grades because everyone is in the top of their class. I worry more about them being bored and causing trouble. Fortunately there's not much of that either.

Still don't have any pictures of video worth sharing. Mr. D had a jazz performance a while back, but I couln't get good shots in the dark cafe. I hope I can catch some audio off the video I tried to take. I will dust off the cameras once we're outside more. Get back to taking semi-interesting pictures of kids and nature and stuff and things.

As for the health front for me, well, not much to tell. Good days and bad. Lately it's been a lot of bad. Just the general pain. Not quite to the point of screaming migraine that puts me to bed for three days, but so very close. I can be awake and function, but just barely. Typing is about all I can handle, and even that is kind of a chore. And with the pain there's the insomnia, and with no sleep comes this fog that I kind of float through during the day. But Miss R is very well behaved and very patient with her not-moving-so-fast daddy. I don't know how I would handle it if she was high strung.

So that's all for now. I'll shoot out any pictures I take. I post a lot of old ones on my Tumblr. You probably are my friend on facebook, so those all cross post to my timeline and you'll see them there.

Laters!