Monday, May 14, 2012

 Yesterday was Mother's day. And it was pretty great. We had a bit of a hiccup right after church. I left my bag which, along with cameras and bank cards and other important things, had my asthma inhaler in it.

So after driving down to Wal-Mart, we had to back track and go get it. But while we were doing that, the kids took turns picking songs we had on our iPod that their mom would like to hear.

After we had gotten to the church, got my bag, and headed back to Wal-Mart, someone picked the song "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles.

Every one of us knows and loves this song. We're big John Hughes fans and have watched Ferris Beuller's Day Off about 4 billion times.

So the effect Twist and Shout had on the kids was immediate. For the better part of the song, we were parked. That's when things got really fun. Everyone, even Mom, was doing the twist in their seats.

This picture was snapped just as the song got to the "AHHHH AHHH AHHHHHH!" part just at the end of the song. Someone walking by the van would have seen it rocking back and forth and then hearing all the kids screaming this part at the top of their lungs. Probably would have called the police.

Just as I snapped the picture I felt that... something... I don't even know how to describe it, but you know it when you feel it. That warmth, that bursting, that something in your chest when you are feeling pure, unfettered, joy.

I'm an amazingly rich man.
Posted by Picasa